Monday, July 19, 2010

Tenaye Day




I can't believe that is has already been a year since Tenaye officially joined our family. On one hand it has gone by so quickly and on the other it feels like she has always been with us.

Tenaye,

You are such a special little girl and I am so happy that God has choosen us to be your parents. You make us laugh with your silly sense of humor and your funny outlook on life. You amaze us everyday with your incredible memory and your ability to learn and adapt so quickly. I love to see you and Isaac play together. Nobody can make him laugh like you do! I can't imagine what was going on in your mind when two strangers walked in to the orphanage and you were told to leave with us. You are so brave and have been through and seen so much more than most kids your age. You are smart, funny, beautiful, and full of energy. I love you to the moon and back!

Mommy

Tenaye,

It's been a year to remember for sure. Lots of tears. Lots of laughs. From both you and me. But to watch you now, and to see how much you've grown over the last year makes it all worth it. I always wanted a daddy's little girl. And now I have her. I remember watching you, and holding you when we picked up Isaac. You were so scared and so quiet. I don't think I saw a smile or heard a word from you during our visits. No one would believe it today. You are a funny, brave, talkative little 5 year old girl that is an amazing big sister with a heart of gold. I love you and will always be there for you.

Daddy

No comments: