Monday, June 29, 2009

One Year Ago Today

It was on this day last year that we received "the call." Jason was out of town in Atlanta for an FBLA competition and I was home cleaning house (pick your jaws up off the ground, yes it does happen on occasion no matter how much I hate it!) When the phone rang I looked at caller ID and didn't recognize the number and it said private caller. I just let it go thinking it was a telemarketer or something. The answering machine picked up and the caller didn't leave a message. A couple of hours later, the phone rang again and it was the same number. Again, I didn't answer, but this time the caller left a message. It was our social worker saying that she had something she wanted to discuss with us and to call her back as soon as possible. She was out of town, and needed us to use the number she was calling from, not the office number. I started freaking out! I mean, come on it was a Sunday after all, what in the world could she possibly want. I immediately called Jason and asked what he thought. In his ever so practical manner, he said to call her back. (Oh yea, I hadn't thought of that!) I called her and she informed me that she had not one but two kiddos for us to consider!!! A 3 year old girl and a 20 day old baby boy. It was a no brainer really, that we would of course say yes to both, but I called Jason anyway to let him think he was in on the decision ;) A couple of days later we see these beautiful faces....
Our sweet Tenaye



Isaac (in his manly pink blanket) with his crib mate and BFF Diesel

The rest is history. Isaac came home in mid-September. We waited and waited for a court date to be scheduled for Tenaye as they continued to get paperwork in order. She FINALLY had a court date on May 18th and passed. Now we are anxiously awaiting our trip to bring her home forever. We were originally scheduled to leave Sat. July 4th, but were told today that our wait will continue and we will now be leaving on July 11th. Hopefully this is the last delay and we can finally become a family of four!

2 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

Oh my gosh! Finally! Congratulations! I know you guys have been waiting forever to bring her home. I think we met briefly back in February at the adoption welcome home party??? Will you be visiting Hope's House? We've got a little girl there and no idea when we can get her. Email me if you are (katejohnson05@hotmail.com). Good luck with your travels! We'll be thinking of you guys and checking the blog!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you. I remember meeting Tenaye when I picked up Maryn (Bizunesh). She was soooo sweet and just sat with me, looking at the pictures (on my camera) that I had taken that day. She has soulful eyes and a sweet spirit about her.

I can't wait to follow you on your journey to her. Are you taking Isaac?