Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roly Poly



He finally did it!! Isaac rolled over yesterday...three times in a row! He is getting to be such a big boy. He is 6 months old today (tomorrow we will have been home exactly 2 months) and growing like a weed. He is over 10 lbs. now! (Notice in the picture how meaty his arms and fingers are!) It is hard to believe just how much he has changed in the last 2 months. He smiles all the time, coos almost nonstop, rolls over, grasps for his toys, and has such a strong grip and head control. Our miracle baby! He also appears to be cutting his bottom teeth. Whew, it is painful for all of us!







Isaac and Meemaw



We have been busy this week. We went to speak at a meeting for people thinking about adopting, just to give a first hand account of our experience. Isaac was a hit, even though he slept through most of it. It is crazy to think that just last year, we were at the same meeting. It has been one year exactly since we made the decision to adopt from Ethiopia. Today we got a visit from a local TV station, KSPR. They interviewed us about our adoption and plan to air it on Thanksgiving day. I will keep you posted on times so you can all make sure to tune in!





Isaac (making a funny face) and Mommy

Isaac went to see Santa Claus last week at Silver Dollar City. We forgot our camera..ugh. We did buy the picture they took there, but it isn't one I can post here. Just trust me it is cute. I think he asked Santa for a johnny jump up! (I hope so because that is what Santa is planning on getting him!)

5 comments:

Katy said...

I can't believe how much press you are getting! What a super star he is!
Glad to see that he is in the double digits in weight! Yeah!!!!

Diesel can't wait to Issac next Friday!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a diference some love can make!

Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

He is so precious!! You guys are going to have to come over for dinner again soon...I didn't get enough Isaac time. Or Mrs. Michel time of course.

Sarah said...

Hi, first, I'm not a blogger stalker, lol. I came across your blog through Jeanne's. The first thing I saw was your son's gorgeous face and I just had to read your story. I couldn't leave without a comment on how cute he is and what amazing eyes he has. Congratulations! ~Sarah

iloveadoption said...

I had to laugh at the picture of him and Meemaw... looks just like our son (micropreemie born at 24 weeks), looking like a little old man. He is so cute though! Glad he's growing so well!!!