Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Meet the Press

Today Isaac, Jason and I were photographed and interviewed for the Christian Co. Headliner newspaper. The pictures turned out great! I made Amelia, the reporter, show us a preview of the pictures so I could check my hair and make sure I didn't have a double chin! They were all good. Isaac got hungry during the photo shoot so we had to stop for a milk snack, but other than that he did a great job. We were interviewed about the adoption process and our reactions to becoming new parents. The article should run next Wednesday. It was lots of fun!

After the interview, we whisked Isaac off to the hospital for his newborn screening. Even though he isn't technically a newborn, his doctor thought it would be a good idea to run the normal tests that would be run on any infant born in the United States. We thought that sounded like a good idea too. Isaac did a good job. Jason held him and I looked away as they were collecting the blood so that I didn't faint. What kind of example would that be setting for my son?! Then it was back home for a quick nap and a bottle before my friend Lori came over to meet Isaac for the first time. They were instant friends! He is sleeping now, I guess he will miss Project Runway. Oh well, I will catch him up on all the details when he wakes up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love your blog, you do such a good job! I can't wait to see the article. Tell Isaac I said hello and I miss him! Love, Aunt Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love this! It is so nice to see all the precious pictures of your new family. I am so happy for you and proud of you for the courage it took to go through with this! See you soon!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything! The pictures and blog are so wonderful. I can't wait to hear about your next trip back from Ethiopia! Take care.

Sherri Peterson

Laura said...

Your son is beautiful! What faith you all have and what a great God we serve! May Isaac continue to grow strong...he is a little fighter! God must have great things for him to do.

We just arrived home in June with your little girl. She too was very ill and in the hospital before she got home and even after with pneumonia and RSV. Go look at her now!

Congratulations! And I will be praying for your 2nd trip.

Laura

Maria and Family said...

I found your blog off of the yahoo site. Your son is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can not believe how tiny and sweet he is. You are so blessed. I live in Fl about 45 mins from Tampa where Isaac's wonderful dr came from! Thank heavans he was there. I look forward to following your journey with BOTH your children. We are on our agencies waitlist for a little girl. You can check out my blog if you would like :) Maria

Michelle Riggs said...

Wonderful pictures. I would love to read the article when it comes out.